- to revise the law relating to the compensation of workers for disabilities suffered or diseases contracted during the course of employment;
- to provide for the merger of the functions of the Workers’ Compensation Fund Control Board and the Pneumoconiosis Compensation of fund for the compensation of workers disabled by accident occurring, or diseases contracted in the course of employment;
- to provide for the payment of compensation to dependants of workers who die as a result of accidents or diseases;
- to provide for the appointment and powers of a Workers’ Compensation Commissioner, the establishment and functions of a workers’ Compensation Fund Board and a workers Compensation Tribunal;
- and to provide for matters connected with and incidental to the foregoing.